Update by user Jun 17

Easycare Paid the Claim

Original review posted by user Jun 17

I bought a Vehicle Service Contract when I purchased a used 2012 Porsche 911 S at a Dealership.The car had around 60,000 miles on it.

Three months and a couple thousand miles later a valve piece broke and went into the #6 Cylinder Part of the spark plug did also. Catastrophic failure. Easycare wanted my mechanic to do a bunch of expensive diagnostics ( not covered ) but he talked them out of it and offered less expensive alternates. At first the easycare inspector tried to blame the spark plug for causing the engine block damage.

That would mean a non covered part caused it and it then would not cover the repair. My repair shop would not buy off on that, they said the valve did it then bounced up and broke off a piece of the spark plug, at best you can't know which piece did the damage. Easy care wanted pictures of the oil pan, was the oil clean, CPU printout did I over rev it, I had a Gulf Race livery wrap put on it, so it looked like a race car- they questioned my mechanic ( it isn't , I go to car shows ) in the end they paid for a Porsche rebuilt certified 911S engine. I paid a $500.

deductible, another $550 in fluids and diagnostics Moral , like many insurance company's they don't want to pay, and won't if there's a way out so..Take it to a good mechanic.

Review about: 2 Year 24000 Mile Vsc.

4.4
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Easycare Car Warranty
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Came through in the end / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Easycare?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion